Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wowza!

One of my crit buddies got a contract! I am so excited for her! I haven't read the story that's been picked up by a publisher, but I know from reading some of her other work that she's a wonderful storyteller and her writing is great. I'm sure she'll go far as an author with the way her stories draw the reader in. I know if I were a publisher, I'd be glad to have her as one of my authors.

For my own "wowza" news, I received the signed copy of my contract yesterday. I knew it was coming (they confirmed receipt of the contract with an email) but actually receiving it and holding it in my hands makes this whole fantastic experience real. Squee! I still want to do a happy dance just thinking about it.

Of course, with my story actually being under contract, I have deadlines. I need to finish a round of edits this week. Since it's a short story, it won't take me long to go over it one more time (I've already been through it twice). I just have to find the time to get to it. I have a couple of work-related deadlines this week, too, and it's going to be interesting getting everything done by Friday evening.

Have a great week everyone, and stay tuned for Thursday's post!

No comments: