Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh, the forms...

Have I ever mentioned that I don't like filling out forms? Who does, right? Well, I've been filling out forms in the last couple of days, all of them related to my contract with The Wild Rose Press. Don't get me wrong; these forms are far from complex and aren't intimidating, and there are very few of them. My problem involves things like writing a brief bio.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to write about myself and not make myself sound more boring than a rock? Fiction is so much easier. So is writing about anyone other than myself. But, after about ten tries of varying degrees of failure, I finally came up with something that sounded good and captured my personality...I hope. If you're dying of curiosity, you can check out my bio on my MySpace page.

My profile isn't that exciting yet, since I haven't had much time to work on it, but the About Me section is done. I haven't had a chance to find friends, either, so right now my only friend is Tom. As anyone who's signed up for MySpace knows, yes, it's that Tom. The one who automatically becomes the friend of all new members. It's so nice to have a friend as soon as I sign up, but I really need to find more friends. There's something about seeing all these profiles with hundreds or thousands of friends, and then looking at my own profile and seeing only Tom.

Ah, well. That's what I get for not spending enough time on MySpace. Maybe I'll rectify that situation over the weekend. In between working on edits of course. It's so exciting to finally work on my own manuscript while knowing it's under a contract!

Have a great weekend, everyone, and fear forms no more. If I can survive them, anyone can do it.

No comments: