Thursday, November 13, 2008

Guess what I learned to do!

A while back I mentioned my goal of learning to knit before the end of the year. This week, I made a successful step toward reaching that goal. I can knit I-cord! I know, all you knitters out there probably don't understand my excitement over accomplishing such a simple task, but you haven't seen my many failed attempts at knitting anything that turned out right. Trust me, being able to knit I-cord and having it look normal is an amazing feat.

Now, if I could just figure out how to go from I-cord to anything else. It looks like I'll be spending some time on YouTube looking for how-to-knit videos. I'd ask a knitter to show me how it's done, but I only know crocheters. Crochet I can do and have been since I was twelve or so.

In case you haven't figured out yet, I love yarn. String is cool too, but I love to make things with yarn. At some point, I want to learn to weave on a backstrap loom, but that's going to take more work than learning to knit. I have yet to find a person who even knows what a backstrap loom is, let alone how to use one. Maybe I should check YouTube for backstrap weaving videos...

Have a great weekend and make time for yarn!

No comments: