Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Waiting, Waiting...

Last week was good, even if I did end up blogging a day late. I heard a response on a short story I submitted to a website a couple of months ago. It's getting published at the beginning of September! I'm ecstatic. I'll post a link to it when it's up on the site.

I played around with Amazon's Digital Text Platform over the weekend. It's remarkably easy to use and a great way to self-publish for the Kindle. I just have a little more to do, then I'll have a short e-book for sale in the Kindle Store. Yes, I'll post a link to that as well for you Kindle owners.

Now for the reason this post title mentions waiting. I submitted a short story at the end of last week, and now I have to wait for the response. The waiting is the worst part of submitting. I'm crossing my fingers that I hear good news on the submission. I'd like to think I'm on a short story roll. If you remember, I had a short story published in Cantos earlier this year.

One thing that's going to keep me busy while I wait for a response is revising a women's fiction manuscript. My goal is to have it done by October, but at the rate I'm going, it may be October 2009. I'm determined to get that thing done so I can submit it. I'll update you every once in a while to let you know how it's going.

Have a great week!

No comments: