Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Storms, Storms, and More Storms

The one thing I don't like about summer (other than the high temperatures and humidity) is thunderstorms. Don't get me wrong, I love a good thunderstorm when I don't have to work and it's not the middle of the night. But we had storms yesterday, which cut into my work time since I work on a computer, and then last night we had more storms with a ton of lightning. Have you ever tried to sleep through a strobe light with an occasional clap of thunder? Not easy, I tell you.

I did manage to get a few hours of sleep. I woke up this morning planning what all I needed to do today since thunderstorms kept me from getting everything done yesterday, and guess what greeted me almost as soon as I opened my eyes? Yep, more storms. The weather is not my friend this week.

As you can tell since I'm writing this post, the storms are gone...for the moment. I have no doubt they'll be back soon. Probably right when I'm in the middle of something. Hopefully, the power won't go out before I can turn off my computer. That's already happened twice in the last month, and I lost data both times.

So, before the next rumble of thunder comes, I'm off to work. Have a great day and stay cool!

No comments: