Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Resolutions

Happy New Year!

Well, I've been thinking about it, and I have a few resolutions, goals, or whatever you want to call them. Here they are, in no particular order:

Send out more submissions
Get at least one of my completed manuscripts revised
Learn about promotion
Promote until I can promote no more, then promote again
Write, write, and write some more

We'll see how many of these goals I can achieve throughout the next year. I'd love to get another publishing contract, preferably for a full-length novel, but two of my goals will take me in that direction. Whether I actually get a contract or not is dependent on so much more than my own effort, such as an agent or editor falling in love with the manuscript. I'm going to do my best to convince them they love my writing, but in the end, it all comes down to their personal preferences. And if I get a rejection (which I'm sure I will at least once), I'll just submit somewhere else.

So, those are my goals. What goals/resolutions do you have for 2009?

2 comments:

Sandie Hudson said...

Great goals, good luck and I wish you all the best for 2009.

Shadow said...

Best of luck in achieving your goals in the new year. I'm sure you'll succeed.