Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blogging at White Roses in Bloom

Yesterday I posted my very first post on a group blog. The wonderful ladies at White Roses in Bloom invited me to join the blog, since I'm an author for the White Rose line at The Wild Rose Press, and I had to accept. I'm so honored to be part of a blog with such great authors as Kara Lynn Russell (nominated for Favorite Author by The Romance Studio), Cindy K. Green (author of Relationship Rescue and the NovelTea series), and Pamela S. Thibodeaux (multi-published author of inspirational fiction). Needless to say I feel a little out of my league, but I've been made to feel welcome by all of the White Roses in Bloom authors.

I think one of the greatest things about becoming an author with The Wild Rose Press is the community. New authors are given a warm welcome, veteran authors are there to offer advice and answer questions, the staff of The Wild Rose Press are accessible and some of the nicest people I've ever interacted with. If you write romance, I highly recommend submitting to The Wild Rose Press. They will never send you a form rejection. If they have to reject your story, they'll tell you why and give you suggestions for how to make your story better. They might even offer to take another look at your story once you address the issues mentioned. That's what happened with Dreams Do Come True. I was asked to make it longer, and I can never thank Nicola Martinez enough for suggesting it. I love the story more than ever now, and it feels complete, which it didn't before--something I couldn't figure out until I received Nicola's email.

Okay, enough gushing about my publisher (something I could do for hours, I'm sure). Stop by the White Roses in Bloom blog and check out my introductory post. Look around while you're there, read some of the other posts, maybe leave a comment or two.

Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments: