Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Is it the end of the year already?

2008 has flown by! I can't believe tomorrow is New Year's Eve. It seems like just last week it was Thanksgiving. I can't complain, though. This has been my best year as a writer yet. I survived my first attempt at copy writing, I had two short stories published (one in print, one online), and I signed my first contract (ever) with The Wild Rose Press. I've survived editing and galleys, something that wasn't nearly as painful or difficult as I'd expected. I received my first cover--and I still think Nicola Martinez is one of the most amazing cover artists out there!

With such a great year, I can hardly wait to see what 2009 brings. I already know I'll have to learn more about promoting my work; my rosette is being released July 1. I'm determined to learn XHTML so I can update my own website rather than having to rely on my generous big brother to do it for me. He's already a busy man, and with his first baby due in March, I have no doubt he's going to be even busier. I also want to learn to use Joomla! if I can, because it looks like an awesome program and I'm sure it would make updating my website even easier. Unfotunately, from what I hear, Joomla! can be very confusing and a lot of people have given up on trying to figure out how to use it.

So, what are my New Year's resolutions for 2009? I'm not sure yet. I'll think about it, and post them on Thursday--New Year's Day.

Have a great end of 2008, and I'll see you in the new year!

No comments: