Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Agent at Foundry Literary + Media

According to Publisher's Weekly, Lisa Grubka has moved from William Morris to Foundry Literary + Media. Before working at William Morris, she was at Farrar, Straus, and Giroux. A quick check of Agent Query told me the genres she represents. Fiction: Literary Fiction, Chick Lit, Women's Fiction, Humor/Satire, Historical Fiction, Short Stories, Offbeat/Quirky Nonfiction: Sports, Food & Lifestyle, Science, Memoirs, Travel, Pop Culture, Narrative, Psychology, Health & Fitness, Humor, Journalism

Agent Query has her listed as still working at William Morris, but I'm sure the information will be updated as soon as she has the time. I would imagine she's unbelievably busy with her job move, so you might want to wait a little bit before querying her.

Now for the update I promised. I picked up my pen Tuesday evening and started writing, slowly at first, then faster as I realized there was no reason to be afraid of writing this particular story. Between that slow start and life intervening, I only wrote four and a half pages, but that's four and a half pages more than I wrote in the previous two days.

I am officially past whatever was holding me back from writing. Now I just have to find the time to write and I'll be in great shape.

Have a happy Thursday!

No comments: