Thursday, April 24, 2008

Woohoo, it's Thursday!

Okay, I admit it. I completely forgot it's Thursday until just now. Actually, that's not quite true. On some level I remembered that it's Thursday, I just forgot that I'm supposed to post here today.

Since I have that rambling explanation out of the way, on to the post!

Here's a quick update on my macro problem in OpenOffice. I still have no clue what's wrong or how to fix it. My post on the OpenOffice.org forum has been viewed 102 times as of right now. Still no reply, not even a private message to tell me I'm too computer illiterate to use a macro... Nothing. So, I'm not as pleased with OpenOffice as I originally was. I just don't have the time right now to try to learn a new program like that with no help from the people anyone.

Enough ranting. I'm slowly but surely making progress on revising my upper MG novel. I plan to work on it more tonight after the munchkin also known as my niece is in bed asleep. It didn't take me long to learn that the best time to get anything done with a two-year-old around is when the child is asleep or out with the grandparents. Ah, quiet...such a marvelous non-sound.

Writing has kind of taken a backseat to revising and work. I'm looking forward to this weekend when I plan to catch up on all the writing I haven't done this week. I wrote about three pages yesterday, so I'm not going into complete withdrawal. I do miss the days of writing twenty or thirty pages, though. Maybe I'll have a couple of those days this weekend and finally finish the YA novel that's so close to being complete. Then I'll add it to my revision list, right after the upper MG.

Now for today's writing advice. Take advantage of what free time you have and write something. Even if you only have half an hour during your lunch break to write, get those words on paper or computer screen. The feeling of accomplishment writing a few paragraphs when your life is uber-busy is worth it. Also, don't be afraid to write something controversial. A little controversy can go a long way to starting meaningful conversations and possibly selling a bit more of your work.

1 comment:

Write2ignite said...

I needed the reminder to use my time wisely. Thanks!!

Peace,
Donna

p.s. and thanks for stopping by my blog. David Crowder Band definitely rocks! :)