Thursday, February 21, 2008

Made it!

Despite a two-year-old with a cold (which she gave to me), I managed to meet my deadline! I'm totally stoked! Now I just need to get into the swing of editing with a clingy munchkin on my lap. I've already figured out how to type while holding her; I'm doing it right now.

Anyway, I don't have any great writing or editing advice today other than to set a reasonable goal and do your best to reach it. Yes, life gets in the way sometimes, but if the goal is reasonable enough given whatever your life situation is you can still reach it. Even if it takes you a day longer than you thought. Thanks to this copywriting job, I learned that if you set a writing goal that has you completing the job a few days before your deadline, you can still meet the deadline even with a surprise visit from your favorite niece and an unexpected cold that leaves her clinging to you like a leech.

Well, I'm off to continue comforting a toddler who doesn't feel good. Happy writing!

No comments: