Monday, February 11, 2008

Busy Days...Ain't It Grand?

I officially started my first freelance copywriting job this morning. It was a little difficult at first, but I quickly got into the swing of things. I still have a long way to go before the job is complete, but I'm a little ahead of schedule. Things are good.

On the editing front, I'm still loving it. I got to talk with some of my fellow editors last night. They are an awesome group! They answered a couple of questions for me, listened to my ideas, and we all had a good time. Have I mentioned that I love being an editor?

As for writing, that's hit kind of an odd spot. I have a ton of ideas, multiple beginnings for stories, and not nearly enough time to write it all. One of the stories I'm determined to finish this year (hopefully by summer) is the same one I entered the first of in Nathan Bransford's Surprisingly Essential First Page Challenge. It might be going a little better, but the characters have decided to do things I didn't expect. That's one of the hazards of writing without an outline; you have to be adaptable because the story doesn't always progress the way you originally thought. Of course, I've heard people who write with outlines say the same thing.

Well, that's all I have time for today, kids. So until next time, stay positive and keep writing!

No comments: