Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Crazy Days

Wow, this has been quite a week and it's only Monday. Er, make that Tuesday, since it's after midnight. As of last Friday, I was waiting to hear from an agent, a literary journal, a contest, and a publisher (about a job). By shortly after lunch today, I was down to waiting on the literary journal and the contest. The publisher wants me to contact them again in January after things settle down a little from the holidays and the agent rejected my partial. It was a very nice rejection, but still disappointing. Of course, me being the writer seeking publication that I am, I sent off queries to three more agents this afternoon. So I'm back to waiting. And waiting. I think half my life is spent waiting. Don't worry, I use the time constructively (most days, anyway). I critiqued a few chapters for a fellow writer today and I plan to get the rest of the chapters done tomorrow. I did a little work on my own writing. And yes, I followed the advice of many people: I ate some chocolate. Boy, does that help when you're in a nerve-wracking holding pattern like I am at the moment.

The good news in all of this is that I'm getting a great lesson in patience. Not the easiest thing in the world to learn, but necessary. I'm also getting creative about crafty-type items since Christmas is coming. I have to come up with presents somehow, and homemade is great since I'm still trying to find that elusive paying writing gig.

Have a great week, everyone, and check back in a day or two. There'll be a new post to entertain you.

No comments: