Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back to the rewrite....

I'm in the middle of revisions and drawing a complete blank on any topics of interest. I could go on and on about the difficulties of taking a "telling" paragraph and turning it into a "showing" scene. I could discuss the proper use of dialogue indicators and when it's okay not to use them. I could even write about avoiding repetitive use of words and phrases (like "I could"). But I'll be nice and not bore anyone with the tedious details of my rewrite process.

I'll try to have a more interesting post Monday. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the Christmas cookies.

1 comment:

chrisd said...

It sounds like you need a little break.

Do something else. Bake a cookie or clean or talk a walk in the cold. Step back and start fresh, kiddo.

much love from Chrisd at Christian Corners