Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bits and Pieces

I'm officially in my standard nail-biting, nerve-wracking waiting period. I mailed out two novel excerpts yesterday for a contest. Now, I get the joy of waiting as patiently as possible to hear the results. I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. In addition to my never-ending search for paying proofreading/editing work, I've decided to renew my effort to find an agent. I think I identified the problem in my query letter and spent the morning revising it. Now, I just have to update my list of agents I want to query, make sure the letter is individualized for each of them, and start sending. Then, while I wait for responses, I'll look over my revised manuscript and make sure it's absolutely perfect (or as close as I can possibly get it).

Of course, if I get tired of that manuscript, I still have one waiting for me to finish rewriting it. I keep getting bogged down in it, but I'm trying to get through it. I want to get it done so I can let it sit for a while, then read through it to look for anything that could be better. Basically, the same thing I do with everything I write.

That's all of the exciting news I have for the moment. I'm off to prepare and send queries now. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

chrisd said...

Are you working on something else? Perhaps that will take your mind off things.

hugs-