Friday, April 17, 2009

One more week...

I woke up happy, scared, excited, and nervous this morning. Why, you ask? Because as soon as I opened my eyes, I realized it's exactly one week until the release of my first e-book. Dreams Do Come True is also my first inspirational romance and my first publishing contract with a royalty-paying publisher.

That's a lot of firsts. It's also a lot of pressure. I want to see this e-book sell well, get great reviews, and have an impact on people. So while I'm ecstatic that my release date is so close, it's also a little scary. I keep having to silence those what ifs that are so common to authors, especially new ones. You know: What if no one likes it? What if the only people who buy it are my relatives? What if--?

You get the idea. I keep reminding myself that an editor liked it well enough to offer me a contract, my crit partners enjoyed it when they helped me with it, and I like it. I'm sure there will be people who don't like Dreams Do Come True, but there are also people who don't like the romance genre.

As for my other dreams for this story (that it will sell well and have an impact on people), I'll do what I can to reach them, although impacting people with a story that's already written is kind of out of my hands. All I can do for that one is to pray and leave it in God's hands...which is the best place for it to be.

About the book

Dreams Do Come True by E.A. West, available April 24, 2009 from White Rose Publishing

Blurb:

Aspiring author Cassie Teague has been rejected…again. As she considers giving up her dream of getting published, a handsome editor walks into her life and makes her wonder if God has more in store for her than just writing.

Acquisitions editor David Jameson wants more than just Cassie’s book. But will office politics destroy his hope for the future?

1 comment:

Kara Lynn Russell said...

One of the reasons I first submitted to WRP is that I loved their books. If your story was chosen, I'm sure it's good. I look forward to reading it.