Thursday, May 15, 2008

Doing the Happy Dance

I am so excited! I received my contributor's copy of Cantos yesterday. There is nothing like the feeling you get from holding your first piece of published work in your hands. Yeah, I got an article published in a little online magazine a while back, and that was unbelievably great, but I'm old fashioned enough to love holding an actual publication with pages in my hands. Plus, this is my first published piece of fiction. Woohoo!

Now, to update everyone about my ongoing task of creating a website. I tried something new last night and it worked, except the program I used is so old my text boxes didn't show up when I opened the page in a web browser to see what it would look like. I think I know how to do the same thing in OpenOffice, though, so I just might get it created and put on the web sometime in the next month. It all depends on how much time I can spend working on it.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for a response to the question about macros I posted on the OpenOffice.org forum a while back. As of this morning, the question has been viewed 155 times with no response. I'm so not impressed, since the forums were built up as being a great place to go and get help with any problems you have with OpenOffice. Oh, well. I found a way to bypass using a macro with a different program, so hopefully I can use that knowledge to bypass macros in OpenOffice when I work on designing my site again.

Back to doing the happy dance about finally having a piece of fiction published! Everyone, this feeling is why you should polish your work and submit it. There's nothing else like it.

No comments: